ferris wheel pillow

I made a new pillow for our couch (because we only have about 6 pillows on it at any given time, so yet another ginormous pillow was totally a necessity :))


I used Katy's templates and instructions to make this pillow and I thoroughly enjoyed the slow and relaxing process of epp-ing each and every one of these shapes. 

I had a really hard time deciding on the background, though. After reading all your helpful comments on this post, as well as trying out many, many other backgrounds, I decided to go with natural linen as that seemed to be the right fit for these scrappy rings.


I then quilted the whole pillow top in  a crosshatch pattern. I wasn't sure about this choice at first, but it's growing on me.


After seeing these wonderfully tailored pillows by Anna (Noodlehead), I set about making my own piping and attaching it to the pillow while adding an invisible zipper, too. Nothing went terribly wrong, I just found the whole process quite tricky. I do love the finished look, though so I'd say all that extra work was well worth it.


The pillow finished at 20" x 20". And here it is, getting to know its new pillow friends on our couch :)

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a very lovely weekend. Svetlana

Linking up to Finish it up Friday.